The relationships between the parent-child should be mutual, void from anger, violence, and above all discrimination.
Benefits of positive parent-Child Relationships
– Firstly, Helps children develop positive long-term relationships
– Secondly, Helps children better understand their feelings
– Lastly, Reduce power struggle and misbehaviour by children
Symptoms of poorParent-Child Relationship
– Breakdown of communication
– Anger, hostility, aggression shown by children
– Substance abuse- drugs, alcohol etc
Thus, Parent-Child relationships can be developed and improved with counselling counseling. Hence, If you or anyone you know is addressing the complex issues of Parent-Child Relationship, please contact an experienced Psychologist at the earliest possible.