Adults go through psychological & psychiatric disturbances in their life due to numerous factors, namely, biological factors, psychological & environmental factors.
The Psychiatric or Psychological disturbance presents itself in different ways in different individuals, hampering an individual's daily activities.
When this happens, the person should consult a trained professional, namely a psychologist, who can not only identify the underlying problem, but also help the person find a solution to the same and return to normal life soon.
The psychologist helps the person focus on one's problem solving ability and coping to stress.
We cover all aspects of a treatment plan, namely identification, assessment and therapy. Better results are attained through persistent treatment and compliance.
Problems faced by adults
- Mood Disorders – Depression, Mood Swings, Mania.
- Anxiety disorders – Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD), Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Social Anxiety, Phobias.
- Aggression, Impulsivity, Short temperedness, High Risk Taking Behaviour.
- Social anxiety (Agoraphobia)
- Relationships issues related problems and concerns
- Personality issues: excessively emotional/ aloof/boisterous
- Substance Abuse and Dependence – Smoking, Alcohol dependence.
- Unexplained aches & pains, stammering - Somatoform Disorders.
- Fear of public speaking, Stage Fear,.
- Trauma and Abuse - Sexual/physical/verbal abuse/Bullying.
- Sexual problems.
- Stress/ Tension/ Restlessness/Emotional problems/lack of motivation
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Neuropsychological issues: Memory, concentration, attention related problems.
- Eating Disorders – Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia.
- Sexual Development, Deviation, Identity and Adjustment Problems.
- Family Communication, Relationships and Marital Problems.
- Academic and Career Choice Guidance.
- Exam fear
- liOther Psychological and Mental Health Problems like Confused self concept, obesity etc requiring Guidance & Counselling in general.
List of Disorders
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depression)
- Cyclothymic Disorder
- Dysthymic Disorder
- Cognitive Disorders (Delirium, Dementia, Amnestic Disorders)
- Multi-Infarct Dementia
- Dementia Associated With Alcoholism
- Dementia of the Alzheimer Type
- Paranoid Personality Disorder
- Schizoid Personality Disorder
- Schizotypal Personality Disorder
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Histrionic Personality Disorder
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Avoidant Personality Disorder
- Dependent Personality Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder
Schizophrenia & Other Psychotic Disorders
- Delusional Disorder
- Brief Psychotic Disorder
- Schizophreniform Disorder
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Shared Psychotic Disorder
- Alcohol Dependence
- Amphetamine Dependence
- Cannabis Dependence
- Cocaine Dependence
- Hallucinogen Dependence
- Inhalant Dependence
- Nicotine Dependence
- Opioid Dependence
- Phencyclidine Dependence
- Sedative Dependence